Crime Scene Clean-up Certification | SERVPRO® of Hershey/Harrisburg East (717)-533-FIRE
ABRA: Levels of Education and Proficiency
Last June, ABRA President Dale Cillian proposed to the board of directors new criteria for the various levels of education and proficiency in the field of biorecovery. The ABRA board unanimously passed this proposal and foresees it will encourage individuals to seek advancement in their field of expertise. These levels will be distinguished on the National Bio-Recovery Registry, which is maintained by ABRA at www.americanbiorecovery.org.
Once again, ABRA is raising the bar and dividing the playing field of those with good intentions and those that have professionalism. The levels are:
- Level 1: ABRA Certified Bio-Recovery Technician
- Level 2: ABRA Master Bio-Recovery Technician
- Level 3: ABRA Licensed Bio-Recovery Technician
Level 1: ABRA Certified Bio-Recovery Technician (present certification)
- Pass the basic ABRA bio-recovery exam.
- Maintain certification status with a minimum of 10 hours of continuing education (industry related) every three years.
Level 2: ABRA Master Bio-Recovery Technician (5 years minimum experience in bio-recovery)
- One year as an ABRA Certified Tech.
- 40-hour HAZWOPER Certification.
- OSHA 29 CFR 1910 Hand Tool Safety.
- OSHA 29 CFR 1910 Power Tool Safety.
- OSHA 29 CFR 1910.147 Tag Out / Lock Out.
- OSHA 29 CFR 1910.146 Confined Space Entry.
- OSHA 29 CFR 1910.25-.27 Ladders.
- OSHA 29 CFR 1910.120 HAZ Com (Right to Know).
- OSHA 29 CFR 1910.134 Respiratory Protection.
- OSHA 29 CFR 1910 & 1292 Fall Protection.
- OSHA 29 CFR 1910.331-335 Electrical Safety.
- OSHA 29 CFR 1910.95 Hearing Conversation.
Level 3: ABRA Licensed Bio-Recovery Technician (In addition to Level 1 and Level 2)
- Three years as an ABRA-certified Tech.
- Eight years doing bio-recovery cleaning.
- 24-hour worker or 40-hour supervisor AHERA Asbestos Certification.
- 8-hour lead training.
- Elective courses: meth lab training, bio-terrorism training, 8-hour HAZWOPER.
- 8-hour HAZWOPER Supervisor Training.
- OSHA 29 CFR 1910.120 HAZ Materials & Incident Command.
- OSHA Disaster Site Worker #7600.
- Additional specialization certification in bio-terrorism, bird flu, drug labs, Et