Our Biohazard Clean-up Process | SERVPRO® of Hershey/Harrisburg East (717)-533-FIRE
OUR DECONTAMINATION PROCESS
SERVPRO of Hershey / Swatara employs a systematic approach to cleaning that ensures each and every trauma scene meets or exceeds hospital-grade sanitation standards. SERVPRO of Hershey / Swatara's trained service technicians are skilled in removing harmful biological contaminants, as well as any lingering odors. As remediation specialists, our primary goal is to preserve the customer’s property and return the home to a safe, livable condition.
Step 1: Control the Contamination
For maximum control, our technicians use proven decontamination procedures, by establishing three zones using plastic sheeting and bio-tape to separate the contaminated area from other parts of the building. This process prevents cross-contamination from occurring between clean and affected rooms:
- The Control Zone is the contamination area, where work will take place.
- The Buffer Zone is where technicians put on personal protective equipment, and fill disposal boxes.
- The Clean Zone is designated to store tools and equipment, in order to prevent cross contamination.
During all stages of the decontamination process, SERVPRO of Hershey / Swatara technicians are fully protected by Personal Protective Equipment, including respiratory gear, a double layer of gloves, and hazmat suits designed especially for biohazard recovery.
We treat all crime scenes as if they contain a life threatening infection, because some of the worst viruses are known to survive in blood and biological materials. Statistics from the CDC show that 1 in 24 people has either HIV, Hepatitis B or Hepatitis C.
Step 2: Biohazard Cleaning and Structural Removal
- Cleaning: SERVPRO of Hershey / Swatara technicians start by removing all traces of dirt, chemicals, blood and biological materials from the control zone. Personal property that cannot be remediated must be disassembled and disposed of as medical waste.
- Sanitization: After cleaning, our technicians treat the control zone with specialized disinfectants by spraying surfaces at precise intervals. Following treatment, the crew wipes all surfaces manually a second time before using fluorescence testing, the same technology used by hospitals to verify sanitation level.
- Deodorization: In the final step, SERVPRO of Hershey / Swatara follows industry standard deodorization practices to eliminate the possibility of lingering odors.
If you are facing an unattended death cleanup, blood spill, or other trauma cleanup, trust SERVPRO of Hershey / Swatara's professional decontamination process to safely remediate your home, vehicle or business.
We proudly serve the Harrisburg, Swatara, Hershey, Palmyra, and Camp Hill areas.