Mold Damage Emergency Tips
What you can do until help arrives
In as little as 48 hours, mold can quickly become a problem in your home or business when there’s a water intrusion, like a roof leak or leaking water line. Mold can cause significant damage to your property. We recently had a local call of a property that had warm water running for over 2 weeks. Mold quickly spread throughout the apartment, SERVPRO of Hershey / Harrisburg East was able to respond quickly and begin the mitigation process of setting up some negative pressure and dehumidifiers to extract the residual moisture from the air. SERVPRO of Hershey / Harrisburg East has the training, protective gear, and specialized equipment necessary to handle your mold problem and make it “Like it never even happened”!
Have a Mold Problem?
Call Us Today – (717) 561-1404
If you have a mold problem in your home or business, consider the following facts:
- Significant mold growth can occur in 48-72 hours.
- Mold may present a greater risk to children, the elderly, and anyone with respiratory problems.
- A strong, musty odor may indicate hidden mold behind drywall or under carpeting.
What to Do:
- Stay out of affected areas.
- Turn off the HVAC system and fans.
- Contact SERVPRO of Hershey / Swatara for mold remediation services.
What Not to Do:
- Don’t touch or disturb the mold.
- Don’t blow air across any surfaces with visible or suspected mold growth.
- Don’t attempt to dry the area yourself.
- Don’t spray bleach or other disinfectants on the mold.
Mold Remediation Services
If you suspect that your home or business has a mold problem, SERVPRO of Hershey / Swatara has the training, equipment, and expertise to handle the situation.
We are proud to serve our local communities:
- Rutherford Heights
- Sand Beach